Thursday 5 July 2007

National Tennnis Championship

Do keep posting your messages for Mark. I speak to him most days and will continue to post updates myself. On Monday Mark can post the medical report himself and then we'll see if my daily posts are still useful.
Wimbledon reminds me that Mark made me laff more than i can ever remember some years ago. We were playing tennis doubles in a national championship tournament. Mark produced an absolutley brilliant cross court shot to win the championship which led our opponent to say 'great angle mark'. Without blinking an eye, mark replied 'thanks Pythagoras'! I thought that was so funny. totally fantastic. True story (apart from the tournament bit).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,
Great to see you are home again - phew! Fingers and toes crossed for Mondays tests, lots of love to you all,
Rachel (MI room)xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey, he's home! Good luck with the tests, hope you feel better each day. Best wishes to you all.

Anonymous said...

Good news Mark - glad you're home and starting the successful road to recovery. Just back from Swanage, so getting my head around a few things ready for school tomorrow. Had a great time, despite the weather, but in truth, we managed to dodge the heavy showers. Still managed a swim in th sea too. The kids were great company, but you know that anyway!
Cheers
Barty

themakowers said...

Good to know you're on the mend, although obviously there's a way to go yet, and you guys need to take it easy on yourselves as you adjust to all being together at home again.

You're still in our thoughts and prayers

Love
W, E, B, & T Makower

PS Love the pythagorus line - that's classic Mark for you!

Anonymous said...

Haay Sir!
Great to hear you're home again, was absolutely devastated when I heard you were ill, and even more so when I realised you wouldn't be able to make it to the prom! This may be an over-quoted Bible verse, but it's helping me through a lot, so thought I'd share it.
Jeremiah 29 v 11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
All of my church is praying for you, and you're in my family's prayers too. On a positive note my parents are getting baptised this sunday! Thought that might cheer you up a little!
GET BETTER!!!!!!!
Love and prayers
Cathy, the stubborn ginger one! :P